Community Circle Notes
Stewards and Friends Circle
July 13, 2002
Attendees: Beebalm, Oni, H, Steven, and White Dragon
1. We will move ahead with the proposal for construction of a new main
dock as proposed by Oni and Will with a budget of $200 and following the
design specs in the proposal. Still needed are a dock coordinator and
a purchasing coordinator, which position H volunteered to fill.
2. The Stewards will call a Great Circle at the Gathering on Wednesday
morning to discuss governance issues. We will announce it in the Gathering
Goers Gazette and solicit input on the questions to ask at the Circle.
3. The Stewards will propose a set schedule of Kawashaway Circles beginning
with the Great Circle at Gathering through this time next year.
1. The Project Proposal was discussed (see attached) and was given positive
feedback but approval was tabled until a Circle more widely called could
be held to decide on the matter.
2. Governance issues were widely discussed. Issues include compliance,
liability for Stewards, long-range planning capacity, level of involvement
by the community in Stewardship of the land and our resources, and the
role of Stewards in the culture of Kawashaway. Individual commitment and
involvement, as well as attitudes towards leadership and stewardship,
we also discussed.